• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ehsen

C++ Help

This topic is 5557 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am a vb programer now i have decided to learn c++ because vb is limited i can not do anything in it which i think. I love Artificial Intelligence and Robotics both of these require a solid language. First of all tell me about some good books of C++. which teach c++ in an interesting manner ( i have "Obeject Oriented Programing in C++" it is the most boring book i have ever read) Second tell me which compiler should i use i have VS 6.0, Vs 7.0 and perhaps Borland C++ builder which is good. In Visual Studio can we create software interface in a gui envoirenment i mean drag and drop objects or all things done programatically like define every object in C++ editor.

Advertisement
I dont know of any books but i can help with the compiler.

Since you have been using VB, i assume u are familiar with VS and so it makes sense to stick with VS7.

Yes you can create software interfaces in a gui environment.

quote:
Original post by ehsen
First of all tell me about some good books on c++, which teach c++ in an interesting manner

Accelerated C++ is an excellent and interesting book, it is different from other C++ books in that it teaches you how to use the standard library right away and it doesn''t teach the low-level workings of the language until later in the book. This allows the reader to write useful programs immediately.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!