• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fguihen

making a game using directX and C#. where to start?

This topic is 5557 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

thanks everyone for letting me know not to build a game in java as it would be very challenging for a beginner. ive decided to use c# and directX. now i have to have a decent game up and running in about 5 months and i havent a clue of directX so can someone give me a place to start. thanks all. this is one of the more friendlier forums ive been to . some forums are just full of people to far up their own bottoms to give a straight answer. thanks all

Advertisement
I haven''t started to learn DX myself yet, but I think your best bet is to download the DirectX SDK (9.0 is the latest version I think) from Microsoft. There is a lot of documentation there already. Then google for DirectX tutorials, or check out Amazon for some DirectX books.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!