making a game using directX and C#. where to start?

Started by
2 comments, last by fguihen 20 years, 7 months ago
thanks everyone for letting me know not to build a game in java as it would be very challenging for a beginner. ive decided to use c# and directX. now i have to have a decent game up and running in about 5 months and i havent a clue of directX so can someone give me a place to start. thanks all. this is one of the more friendlier forums ive been to . some forums are just full of people to far up their own bottoms to give a straight answer. thanks all
I currently only use c# and directX9, in case its relivant and i didnt mention it in the post
Advertisement
Link one, link two. I''ve not read ''em mind you. You can also get C# Builder Personal Edition, which is a nice IDE, from here (I think!). I''ve been meaning to look into C# sometime because it seems quite nice.
I haven''t started to learn DX myself yet, but I think your best bet is to download the DirectX SDK (9.0 is the latest version I think) from Microsoft. There is a lot of documentation there already. Then google for DirectX tutorials, or check out Amazon for some DirectX books.
A good book that I''m reading is Introduction to 3D Game Engine Design Using DirectX 9 and C#
Jason Olson - Software Developer[ Managed World ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement