• Advertisement

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DELPHIX-----Background Sprite

This topic is 5293 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m trying to make a 2D game with DelphiX. I want to use the collision map of the background. But i don''t know how to use this. I have this for initialize: tback = class (tbackgroundsprite) public procedure DoMove(MoveCount: Integer); override; procedure DoCollision(Sprite: TSprite; var Done: Boolean); override; end; I don''t know if i need to use the procedure DoCollision of my background but i put it. When i load the map then i initilize the background: miback:=tback.create(dxspriteengine.engine); with miback do begin setmapsize(mwidth,mheihgt); collisioned:=true; image:=textures.Items.Find(''back''); for i:=0 to mwidth do for j:=0 to mheight do begin chips[i,j]:=map[i,j]; collisionmap[i,j]:=cols[i,j]; end; z:=-2; tile:=true; timer.Enabled:=true; mueve:=false; end; Map is Array [0..255,0..255] of byte and cols is Array [0..255,0..255] of boolean. The sprites can detect the collision with another sprites but can''t detect the collision with the blocks of the collisionmap marked with true. What is it that i need to collide with impassable blocks?

• Advertisement