• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

emileej

C++: Url encoding

This topic is 5326 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need an url encoding function fast This is probably done many times, but i only need one to convert my string to something i can put in a http/post request :D Edit: Perhaps just some advice for makin one? ------------- E-)mil "I feel like... I feel like... Like taking over the world!" - Day of the Tentacle [edited by - emileej on September 24, 2003 4:29:32 PM]

Advertisement
I find the function at msdn, include the header file and import the lib specified there, but i still cant use the function.

some more helpful information than "I can''t use it" would really help us help you.

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

Woops - sorry. Kinda early in the mornin

'UrlEscape' : undeclared identifier
'URL_ESCAPE_SEGMENT_ONLY' : undeclared identifier

[edited by - emileej on September 25, 2003 3:05:34 AM]

Hmm.... strange.

Put in a header-check, perhaps? Put these lines right before where you use UrlEscape:

#ifndef _INC_SHLWAPI
#errof SHLWAPI.H not actually included
#endif

That should catch any weird include problems.

well, there''s always the suck-ass route... manually copy the function definition and the constant definition into your file. Dare to be suck-ass!

hmm... you aren''t doing interesting things with namespaces, perchance, are you? ...nah, that still wouldn''t explain the undefined constant.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!