• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueDev

BlueDev Studios

This topic is 5546 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, BlueDev Studios has gone live. With an astounding new layout design, we are proud of the superb job and progress we have made in the past year. BlueDev Studios, formerly known as BlueDev Net, plans on growing to the next level in the near future. - [BDS]StackOverflow
BlueDev Studios [edited by - BlueDev on September 24, 2003 12:42:56 AM] [edited by - BlueDev on September 24, 2003 12:43:59 AM]
Advertisement
Wow so many views and no comments, heh, well if you do like it please say something if you dont mind, and if you would like to comment on it please do so.

Thank you. =)

- [BDS]StackOverflow

Background music is another way of saying I hate you.

edit: left off the smiley
edit: edit: I guess you cannot chang the post icon... so... ;-)

[edited by - mauman on September 30, 2003 5:10:27 PM]

Yeah it took a really long time for me as well. Also I was dissappointed that the binary on the top doesn''t seem to spell anything. (or maybe it does and I missed it)

Wow, the design and layout is really nice. Though, i do believe some of it is a bit excessive, and will only serve to raise specs for viewable computers. Basicaly, MY rule of thumb says this. Gear your site to the majority of your market. If your site does not create software that pushes the system/internet, i dont believe your site should either. Most of it was fine, and everything looked terrific. But things like the water effect on the screenshots you could probably do without.

Also, if you''d like to decrease the load time you could take out the [not-so-intelligently] placed disclaimer and privacy policy commenting out of the page source which adds a hefty 9.53kb to the page, but adds 0% to to the sites content, usability, or overall expirience (as you never see it).

James Simmons
MindEngine Development
http://medev.sourceforge.net

While the layout is nicely done, the way the content is delived certainly leaves something to be desired. I would suggest keeping the header and footer flash, but making the middle area regular HTML. It would help on the load times a lot. There's a lot of bulk that can be trimmed down on that site, perhaps some more time working on web optimization would be a good idea. I almost can't stand waiting for the tutorial pages to load :/

edit: It looks as if perhaps the middle area /is/ html?

James Simmons
MindEngine Development
http://medev.sourceforge.net

[edited by - neurokaotix on September 30, 2003 6:36:24 PM]

Too much of an emphasis on looking cool, not enough on usability. The background music was annoying (I have my own music playing, thanks) and took a little while to turn it off (it''s not as obvious as it should be, and with the slow navigation, it was a pain).

I know this PC is a little underpowered, but it handles Half-Life fine, but your page judders horribly when scrolling. When a web site taxes my system more than a game, I just say no.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!