• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mickeyblue

Online Football ( soccer ) manager game

This topic is 5381 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I would like to see if anyone is interested in working on an online football manager game. It would be in the same style as championship manager. I am planning on making this a free product so am loking for like minded individuals to help in the development. As this will be free there will be no pay but like most programmers i am doing this out of pure love for the game, anyone fancy the challenge ? please reply to this post with your thoughts on the subject. I myself am a programmer with a degree in computing ( bsc hons ) and 2 yrs commercial experience with asp and .net and other web script languages. Any ability is welcome even if you are begining. I think this would be a great help to someone studying for a degree as it could be used as a dissertation piece. Thanks for your time. [edited by - mickeyblue on September 26, 2003 7:38:11 AM]

Advertisement
I would like to help. I have been programming c++ for a year or something like that. I use OpenGL as API. I would like it a lot if i could just help. Many people of other projects refused me, i can understand, but this will be a great source of learning.

Email me at tha_slaya_boy@hotmail.com

Kirua*Gon

PS : I love football, especially the club Ajax.

Be cool, be sexy, be GDer...

thats great !!

Thanks kiruagon, welcome aboard !

No matter what your abilities or experience all help is welcome even if its suggestions on what to include !!

If anyone else is interested please post a reply the more the merrier !

i understand there are other sites that already offer this service. There are also other people out there that make mods for half life when there are mods like DoD and ToD but it doesnt stop others making them !!

I want a challenge, and to make something that is used by others.

I hope to make this game both challenging and fun but most importantly free!!!

Im not asking for money or your approval, what i am asking for is other like minded people to commit to producing something that is beneficial to everyone.

To me i will gain experience in my chosen field, and it will be something i can add to a cv but also and most importantly it is something i am interested in.

Thanks for reading.

Mike

I would be very interested in helping on this project. I did start to write on the Amiga several years ago, but shortly after starting moved to PC and never got around to restarting.

I am currently work as a programmer using .net. Now doing research in my spare time on AI.

Guest Anonymous Poster
One of the guys working on Championship Manager used to work here with us. He was lured away by the dream of game development and is instead stuck managing databases of player etc.

It sounds like a good idea - I always liked those kind of things but just be aware that there''s a lot of information you need to correlate...

Hi, thanks anonymous !

That had crossed my mind, what im proposing to do in the begining at least is to have ficticious ( SP?) players to start with to make it more interesting and to help keep our actual administration on a day to day basis low, stats would be calcualted by the software and stored in a database which would be queried (sp?) by each user.

The team is growing, thanks so far to all who have offered help, an email should be waiting for you in your inbox !

We still would like more people to offer help, go on you know you want to

mike

Hi

Your idea is great. I know championship manager very godd. I like it. it very good and of course complex.I''ve played with diffrent version of it.
Makeing a same game that playter play via network is great and hard!!!

I''ve experience in programming in diffrent field but most of all DB programming.
recently i''ve started working on game programming but i''m really newbie and working hard on it.
I''ll be glad if I would help u in this game.

shahab

it''d be a great opportunity to participate in this project.
do you have a design document for this project? if so, send it so people could decide and see clearly how they can contribute.

===========================================================

What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!