• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darkawakenings

Beginning a DX Project, class Wrappers

This topic is 5480 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m beginning my first real DX project, its a board game that I''m going to display on the screen, and I''m wondering what the best way to wrap classes is. Currently, I have two main classes, a Template class to store all of my vertexs and basic formations, like the board, and one game piece type. Then I have another class, MyObject, that stores the world transformation and other important data, like the texture of that piece, plus a pointer to a template from which to draw the data. I will not be needing to draw thousands of polygons at one time, just 8 per polygon (cubes and rectangular prisms), so I don''t need blazing rendering speeds. I figured that a board game was a great way to start, because I can always continue upgrading, more features, AI, board maker, Lighting effects, particle effects, savegame/loadgame feature, and more. If theres anything that anyone thinks I should do first or, anything at all that you want to tell me, I would love the advice. PS- Is there some (easy) way to tell if a DX object has been clicked on? or do I have to actually figure out where that object would be, based on the cam and view matrix and position of the object/pos of the mouse... yadayadayada... A Mathematical game developed and played excessively by friends and I

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!