• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

khawk

GameDev: Arena Beta Contest Launch

This topic is 5384 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The beta contest is here, and you can check out the rules at http://www.gamedev.net/community/contest/gdarena/. As I (think I) said before, this announcement is going to be limited to this forum as it is a "beta contest", so spread the word by telling your friends, your coworkers, your lovers, the rest of GDNet, and your dogs. And of course, have fun!
Kevin "Khawk" Hawkins
CEO and News Director, GameDev.net
Software Engineer, Raydon Corporation
Author, OpenGL Game Programming Contributing author, Game Development: Tricks of the Trade , "Using the UML in Game Development" Developer Diary

Advertisement
Hmm, according to the rules, I could give out my bot to everyone I know and have them enter it I won''t though, unless certain other people *cough*Programmer One*cough* try to

bump, viewcount is to low, i think the Active Topic list need''s a new topmost entry

T2k

Guest Anonymous Poster
More infos about weapons please:

- I suppose i can Fire() a lot of times during an Update()...but how much damage each weapon does? (i can check but i dont have any code written yet).
- how is this damage dealt? I mean, let''s suppose i got enemy targeted...what if I call Fire() till he dies?

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
More infos about weapons please:

- I suppose i can Fire() a lot of times during an Update()...but how much damage each weapon does? (i can check but i dont have any code written yet).
- how is this damage dealt? I mean, let's suppose i got enemy targeted...what if I call Fire() till he dies?

You can call Fire() as many times as you want during an Update(), but it will only be recognized once.

As for damage.. if a bullet hits a bot, some damage is recorded. If a grenade is close enough to a bot when it explodes, then it will cause damage as well. The closer the grenade, the more damage.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Now I understand, thanx. One more to go: if I read it correct only one command (move_forward, turn_left etc) can be executed in a single game tick (one Update() call). Is that true?

thanx in advance.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!