Players as monsters in MMORPGs

Started by
51 comments, last by Dak Lozar 23 years, 7 months ago
PERMANITE DEATH WOULD SUCK!!!!!!!!!

think aobut.. you''ve been playing for months, been realy carefuly, you have a lvl 50 magican and you die... i would be so pissed off i would smash my computer and never paly that game again. The thing that alot of you guys are saying just wouldn''t be fun, espaicaly landfishes ideas. Games are an escape from reality, not reality. Why would I want to play a game where i''m afraid to go out the front door.

LVLING IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!

lvling gives you goals and a sence of accomplishment. Lvles give you something to be pround of. If you don''t lvl then you could go up to a friend and go "Hey my lvl 37 Paladin kicks so much butt..."

LPDIRECTPERSON7 lpPerson;LPDIRECTPERSONMALE7 jake;DPPERSONDESC2 ddpd;ddpd.dwSize = huge;ddpd.dwFlags = DPSD_CAPS;ddpd.dwCaps = DDPD_PROGRAM;lpPerson->CreatePerson(&ddpd, &jake)
Advertisement
Ok i keep seeing topics like this pop up and it brings one thing to mind. We apearently are not making role playing games, all we seem to put out is new forms of quake. Everyone wants to be able to run around and kill kill kill to thier hearts desire and when they die just pop back up and do it some more. I realize this mentality is all about the mass market, apeasing the big crowd. What about the market for real role players, that we all know is out there begging and pleading for a good in depth role playing game, why not for once make a game for them. I think I saw Atriach is doing a permament death system, where if you had the chance to reproduce your child inherits your equipment. I can tell you they are not out there to apease the mass market of fps fans but the true rpgers.
Well, that's what you get by letting 12 years old play ...
I mean, I started at 12 so I know how I was at that time, and at first we didn't really bother that much with role, and we were proud and happy to wield our swords and brag that "my Dwarf warrior can kick yor butt anytime".

Hormones, you see. What can you do about it.

What I am more afraid of is seeing the market offering games that TARGET 12 years old in the way they reward the player.
If I want to brag I play any Quake like and kick you butt anytime. But RPG are my little secret garden where I can be the poet that we all are, somewhere deep inside

Ah well, but with a market governed by corporations (HaaaaaaaSSBrooooo), there is no place left for amateurism anymore. If it sells, then it's good. Fu(k the goblins, and bring in the Swords of Mighty Slaying and Scrolls of Ressurection. If our 12 years old brats can't fuck!ng think with their heads, and play a role, give them what they ask. And send the role down the drain...

But Vampire, even though it's carrying the sign of the Beast (the Lizards of the Coast) seem to be the only hope.

Role Wars : a New Hope ?

youpla :-P

ps : pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase Jake_R tell me you are 12.

Edited by - ahw on August 27, 2000 4:52:11 PM

Edited by - ahw on August 27, 2000 6:53:50 PM
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement