The Free MSVC Command Line Compiler/Tools:

Started by
5 comments, last by cubicool 20 years, 6 months ago
Does anyone actually USE this; by that I mean, does anyone use just the command line tools w/out MS''s IDE? If so, could someone __PLEASE__ tell me how they have everything set up? I''ve installed: - 1.1 Runtime - 1.1 SDK - 1.1 "Core" SDK --- Anyways, I''m struggling bad. Worse, I consider myself competent; mayhaps I should rethink my level of mastery herein, ''eh? I need to know things like: what do you use to develop, how did you setup all the lib/includes/etc. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. :/
Advertisement
Judging by the "1.1" i assume you mean the .net framework sdk.
I''m not so sure that it contains free c++ tools at all, though vb, c# and js compilers are included in it.
Please correct me if my assumption is wrong...

kind rgds, Nik

Niko Suni

The C++ compiler is definitely there(look for a directory called Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003" - it installs in the same place as if you had installed the full VS.NET), but it doesn''t have the standard c++ library and the Windows headers/libs. The latter can be obtained by installing the Platform SDK.

--
AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
[Project site] [Blog] [RSS] [Browse the source] [IRC channel]
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
The DDK provides a few more command lines tools as well.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Yes, I meant the Core Platform SDK.

Anyways; Where are the headers for the STL? I found them in \src\crt, but trying to include them gives me tons and tons of syntax errors.

Has anyone been able to get this working?
Mine are in Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003/Vc7/include

You might need to download another implementation (maybe STLPort). Im not sure if the SDK even comes with STL

Maega: But, are you using the free tools, or the IDE/etc?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement