DirectAudio and DevC++

Started by
3 comments, last by Klown9 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi, Has anyone had any luck running code in DevC++ using DirectAudio? Im getting the following error in DevC++: C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/dls1.h:264: changes meaning of `WLOOP'' from ` typedef struct _rloop WLOOP'' I tried the same code on my mates PC using MSVC and it worked fine. It looks like theres a problem in the header file but im sure its prolly something else. Anyone experienced this? All Im doing is including the dmusicc.h and dmusici.h header files! Thanks, Harley. BreakoutX
Advertisement
I got the same problem using Dev-C++.
The problem is that the structure is declared in both dmusicc.h and dls1.h. I don''t have the fix with me but if you rename one declaration or mabye use #ifdef that should work.
Thanks mate. I had gone to OpenAL. Its pretty good although took a while to get used to its syntax with all of the "al" prefixes and the ALblahblah data types, but its very simple to use.

Just so Im not changing the wrong thing, I changed the WLOOP[1] variable in the DMUS_REGION struct in dmdls.h to WLOOPS[1]. Is this what you meant? Things are working now, I can play a sound at least but I would have thought this would have stuffed things up later on.

Thanks again.

Harley

BreakoutX
Weakling! Problems are not here to fear, but to face.

.lick
Who said anything about fear? The way i look at it, now I understand another API (good thing) other than DX. I was simply just after some guidance and now I understand what I had to do I''m continuing using DirectMusic, just needed a nudge in the right direction. Everyones a winner!

h

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement