Awesome "hell" effect

Started by
24 comments, last by atreyu 20 years, 6 months ago
quote:Original post by atreyu
How much memory is on the card? Also, the info with the demo says you can try "demo.exe v" if there are problems.
Tried "demo v" still got the same thing. Dunno why. My video card''s memory is 32MB.
Advertisement
I knew the fact that my 9600 Pro doesn''t clamp textures too nicely would come in handy one day.

Means I can see all of the polys ; )
quote:the demo is from June 2002, so i think we can rule out ''pixel shaders'', in fact i''ve just looked at the infofile with it and it states it should run on a Voodoo3

hehe, it runs on one, just not very well... the voodoo3 makes it look like a really slow slideshow. About 15 seconds between each screen. If it is using OpenGL it may because my current drivers suck really bad with OpenGL. I tried downloading some 3rd party ones but they screwed up my display really bad. Oh well, not going to worry about my video card until I get a new machine. It really isn''t worth it on this old 500MhZ clunker with no AGP slot.

Evillive2
Evillive2
Ran crystal-smooth on my GeForce3 TI... and I know exactly why you guys with the VooDoo3's are getting the shaft.

Fillrate, m'man. I studied that thing carefully while it ran (although it sucked; too boring). The VooDoo chipset cards have great polygon-count handling, and were always great cards at their default and standard resolutions (read; 640x480 and 800x600, 16-bit color), but they just plain BLEW at fillrate.

Until the Detonator 12 drivers, my 8MB VooDoo2 could kick the pants off my 16MB TNT2 Ultra any day of the week, under any API. At 640x480, 16-bit, 128x128 textures, max view distance and geometry detail, I could run Drakan at either a steady 35-45 FPS or a steady 5-7 FPS. Guess which card got which results.

Then Detonator 12 came along and made me its bitch. Suddenly, I could get not merely decent, but downright amazing framerates at 1024x768, 24-bit color, 512x512 textures, max view and geometry detail... 45-50 FPS on the TNT2.

Anyways, fillrate. I give my pitiances to all you poor fools who can't handle 40-times-per-frame full-screen pixel overdraw w/alpha-blending.

[edited by - Wyrframe on October 6, 2003 12:17:33 AM]
RIP GameDev.net: launched 2 unusably-broken forum engines in as many years, and now has ceased operating as a forum at all, happy to remain naught but an advertising platform with an attached social media presense, headed by a staff who by their own admission have no idea what their userbase wants or expects.Here's to the good times; shame they exist in the past.
Hmm was a slideshow (and i have a radeon 9600 pro)... well it seemed to skip a lot. Is it supposed to do that?
quote:Original post by Odoacer
Hmm was a slideshow (and i have a radeon 9600 pro)... well it seemed to skip a lot. Is it supposed to do that?

Nope, I have the same card and it runs smooth for me. Not 1 little flicker?

-UltimaX-

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement