Texure -> JPG -> sux

Started by
8 comments, last by Wickeeed 20 years, 6 months ago
I need a good tutorial WITH SOURCE something like tutorial at Game Tutorials is nice but.. this tutorial sucks .. i need a tutorial about JPG loading and i want to load a VERY big jpg''s .. cant do it with tutorial from Game Tutorials EVERYBODY HELP ME AS FAST AS YOU CAN !!!! THX
Advertisement
Dood i dont want to mean but NOONE is going to help you when you talk to them like that... use your initiative and search for one on the web, on kazaa anything.
quote:Original post by Gresc
Dood i dont want to mean but NOONE is going to help you when you talk to them like that... use your initiative and search for one on the web, on kazaa anything.

Not only that, but when you downgrade a well respected site. GameTutorials.com can''t show you everything. Use the library (that''s pretty straight forward) and figure it out. It''s not that hard.

-UltimaX-

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"
here is the solution you require...
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
Using JPEGs only saves diskspace, slows down load time and introduces artifacts.

You''d be better off just using bitmaps. I havn''t looked at GameTutorials source but I''m guessing it''s a pretty simple matter of changing a few variables if you bothered to take the time to actually learn how the code works.

If your image is too large you may simply be getting restricted by your graphics card.

Ben

[ IcarusIndie.com | recycledrussianbrides.com | Got Linux? ]

Will Post For Food
try devIL, the image library and learn how to search things by yourself (or be polite), Dummkopf.
quote:Original post by Wickeeed
EVERYBODY HELP ME AS FAST AS YOU CAN !!!!

Why?

- JQ
Yes I do have holidays at the moment. And yes, that does explain the increased posting.
~phil
by those comments, you DO need help as fast as you can get it, but not the kind you can get here

[edited by - charsoft on October 6, 2003 12:55:57 PM]
If you would be a little bit more specific concerning your problem (I mean the coding problem), it could help you getting positive answers. Beeing a little bit more polite could help, too.
Click. Download, read docs (with tons of examples), code (or cut''n''paste). Works like a charm in not even 15 minutes.

But KalvinB is right. Don''t use JPEGs as textures. Either use raw bitmaps (preferably tga, for ease of use). Or, if you are concerned about disk space, use PNG. The later one is probably the best non-lossy image format there is right now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement