More Screenshots

Started by
6 comments, last by EDI 20 years, 6 months ago
Hello again all, You may remember a while back that I posted a bunch of screen shots for my game in development, "Morning's Wrath". As I now fully enter the graphics and map making phase *ugh* I decided to post some more screen shots of my progress. Enjoy, any and all feedback is welcome =) Royal Floor - South Hall
Royal Floor - Mornings room 1
Royal Floor - Mornings room 2
Royal Floor - Armory
P.S. I am in dire(sp?) need of some help with creating the art for my game, at the moment all I can offer is your name in the game credits and a free copy of the game when it's finished. depending on how things go other methods of compensation can be discussed, if you are interested please email me at elitef16 at juno dot com Raymond Jacobs, www.EDIGames.com www.EtherealDarkness.com
[edited by - EDI on October 5, 2003 11:45:58 AM]

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

Advertisement
Nice looking,...

But why do you have little men running around with boar spears?

If you need a writer, I may be able to help, as for art work,... Well, lets just say I can edit stuff,...

How big are your levels going to be? Any multiplayer options now, or possible in the furture? Running demo yet, or just screenshot engine?
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Seems to be alot of potion bottles in that top screenshot (South Hall)
The mean with spears are the first enemies you encounter,
very weak mostly annoying, but they do pose a threat to you in your not yet heavily armored self.

as for a writer, the game''s main idea has already been decided, writing is needed for intermediate pieces of plot though.

the levels get bigger as you go down in the castle *you start on the highest floor* finaly ending with a huge battle in the courtyard against the attacking army, hehe you probably are like ''what?'' if you knew the storyline then it would make more sence, drop me an email and we''ll talk=D at the moment there is no Multiplayer capabilities in mind simply because it would require alot of work and take time away from making the game as good as it can be in single player mode, though maybe later on it could be an option=) there is a demo, similar to the one im currently working with to take the screenshots, the engine is fully functional and the majority of the foundation code is in place, for battling and such.

as for there being alot of potions in one screen shot, it was due to me just randomly generating items on random tiles, pay it no mind=)

Raymond Jacobs,

www.EDIGames.com

www.EtherealDarkness.com

Hey those are some really awesome screenshots!

I''m just curious about your walls. They are very tall and I''m wondering if you just draw the tiles from top to bottom and when you get to a wall draw over all the ones behind it. (cuz this is the only way I could think to do it) Or is there some kind of really smart algorithm that detects if the current tile is going to be hidden by a wall anyway?
I''m not sure I understand your question but lets see if i cant answer it by laying out how the walls work.

first off a wall is considerd to be a structure, that is an object bigger than a single isometric tile, and it''s stored as-is instead of a sequence of tiles.

i have 2 passes in my map rendering, first the floor of the map is renderd, then the surface is renderd this includes items structures sprites effects etc etc.

so the walls are just drawn in the standard rendering sequence, which makes them occlude things correctly.

is that what you were asking about?

Raymond Jacobs,

www.EDIGames.com

www.EtherealDarkness.com

quote:Original post by EDI

is that what you were asking about?

Yes, that''s exactly what I meant. Thank you.
No Problem,
Glad I could help =D

on another note, has anyone come up with a felxable low matience solution for using ''big'' objects on an isometric map,
objects so large that they span a large patch of tiles?

my current solution that im working on will slice the large image up into smaller ones and give each tile a slice of the image to reconstruct the object, which sounds like a good idea if i can indeed pull it off in my current system.

Raymond Jacobs,

www.EDIGames.com

www.EtherealDarkness.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement