Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebnem_a

multiwindows in opengl

I m using borland c++ 5.0 and want to create two or more windows which can run at the same time.. For example if two windows are running when I close one of them by (x) the other window should continue running..I mean the program should continue running since I close all windows. I think I should use threads or something like that.. How can I create this by opengl? Is there a tutorial about this?

Guest Anonymous Poster
You don''t need a tutorial if you just want to create another window. Just do the same as you would creating the main window, register, create the window, display it or whatever. Is there something your having trouble with?

This may be short, as I don''t have much time, so ask more questions if you have them. A) You don''t need to use threads B) Change it in your WndProc so that the program doesn''t quit when a window is closed. (I assume that you''re programming for windows, right?) Just make sure that your program loop doesn''t end, and as long as it doesn''t, your other windows will remain open. Just make sure to quit the program if the last window is closed, or else you''ll have to kill the process, which isn''t good. Are you trying to use OpenGL in both windows? If so, I can help you with that.

Hi,

I ve created menu in borland c++ by using form.And I have two buttons in this menu.for example first one displays object and second one displays wireframe of that object.
I want to create windows which can be runnable at the same time by using opengl for both displays.
I can use WndProc but I dont know how?