• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red_Riot

OpenGL OpenGL initialization question:

This topic is 5465 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

pardon my noobness: I''m using C++.net with SDL and OpenGl, however I''m just trying to pinpoint an error that hopefully someone here will be familiar with. I can initialize my SDL windo perfectly, however my problem resides with trying to start up OpenGL in my code. When I start to acess OpenGL functions like GL_ShadeModel(GL_SMOOTH); it throws me and ''Error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _imp_glShadeModel@....'' I''m thinking that this is some wierd linker error even though my GL include files are linking properly, and my SDL window has been initialized correctly. I''m thinking that this is a wierd linker error and I''m hoping that someone here can confirm this, or if anyone else has had a problem like this before. Thank you for your time -Red_Riot

Advertisement
Figured out my problem, forgot to include
#pragma comment(lib, "opengl32.lib")

in addition to

#pragma comment(lib, "SDL.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "SDLmain.lib")

noobie mistake, but everyones a noob at least once in their life =)

Case closed.

-Red_Riot

Heheh. . . The same thing kept me from being able to compile in release mode for the longest time. Certainly made me feel uber-noobish, too. . .

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!