Questions about GDArena

Started by
2 comments, last by dmounty 20 years, 6 months ago
First of all, I think GDArena is V COOL . Anyway, if you quit it, without running the game, it crashes . Also, is it possible to get bullet velocities and radii, as well as grenade blast radii and velocities? Also, what is the range the bots can see? Are you thinking of implementing a more complex debug method (eg a console at the bottom, presented to the user as a cin/cout type stream) as the Taunt output is a little short, and can be limitting. Also could we have pause (and maybe even slow motion) button to slow/stop the simulation, so I I can see whats going on better. As it is, I am sending debug output to an empty modeless dialogbox (Basically when its created I store its hwnd in a global variable, and use that to get the HDC and draw on it). Once again, I think its V V V COOOOOOOLLL :D :D PS: To be fair, I am rubbish at AI coding, but I am sure some of the better AIers out there will be needing this info anyway. EDIT: I also forgot to ask teh exact size of the Arena. [edited by - dmounty on October 5, 2003 6:15:28 PM]
Advertisement
Arenasize= 320X200 units
radis of objects are somewhere in the readme
grenade blastdadi is i think 15
bulletspeed= unknown
bulletradi= 0
grenadevelocity dont know, but should be something aroung 4 units/s

bot can see 150 or 160 units far and from -40 to 40 deg, additional view around bot (360 deg) with unknown viewdist (per object...) <br><br><br>for the pause: in debugmode simple make some code in your botexecutionpath and you can pause it, slow it down… a debugwindow is good but shouldnt be active for the final/release bot (you will get a timeout very fast)<br><br><br>edit: typo<br><br><br>T2k <br><br><SPAN CLASS=editedby>[edited by - T2k on October 6, 2003 6:32:29 AM]</SPAN>
Argg.. Does anyone know if the arena calculates your orientation before it applies velocity, or after? This turns out to be critical in calculating position over time, yet difficult to verify.
(help!! :x)

Nosfera2
quote:Original post by Nosfera2
Argg.. Does anyone know if the arena calculates your orientation before it applies velocity, or after? This turns out to be critical in calculating position over time, yet difficult to verify.
(help!! :x)

Nosfera2

See this thread.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement