MFC: MDI child windows and accelerator keys

Started by
-1 comments, last by JonW 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I have a MDI app that has three different menus -- one for the main frame, and one for each of the two different child frame types. The code in InitInstance looks similar to this: pTemplate = new CMultiDocTemplate( IDR_CHILD1, RUNTIME_CLASS(CChild1Doc), RUNTIME_CLASS(CChildFrame), // custom MDI child frame RUNTIME_CLASS(CChild1View)); AddDocTemplate(pTemplate); pTemplate = new CMultiDocTemplate( IDR_CHILD2, RUNTIME_CLASS(CChild2Doc), RUNTIME_CLASS(CChildFrame), // custom MDI child frame RUNTIME_CLASS(CChild2View)); AddDocTemplate(pTemplate); // create main MDI Frame window CMainFrame* pMainFrame = new CMainFrame; if (!pMainFrame->LoadFrame(IDR_MAINFRAME)) return FALSE; m_pMainWnd = pMainFrame; The menus IDR_CHILD1, IDR_CHILD2, and IDR_MAINFRAME show up when they are supposed to. But now I want to have seperate accelerator keys for each of the three frames. So I created three accelerator table resources called IDR_CHILD1, IDR_CHILD2, and IDR_MAINFRAME. When the program first starts out and there are no child windows up, the accelerator keys for IDR_MAINFRAME work fine. For example, I can press CTRL+O to open a file. But when one of the child windows are up, the accelerator keys for that frame don''t work anymore. I put the CTRL+O accelerator key in the IDR_CHILD1 table for example, but when the frame for child 1 is showing, nothing happens when I press CTRL+O. Any idea what could be wrong? Does MFC allow accelerator tables for MDI child frames? Thanks a bunch.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement