www.xgamestation.com

Started by
28 comments, last by DuncanBojangles 20 years, 5 months ago
I wonder what the development environment will be like.

quote:Original post by PnP Bios
I wonder what the development environment will be like.

bare bones

thats on the christmas list, it will be cool. finally i will be able to know how they work, and, even better will be able to build my own.

YAY!!!

XgameStation A Video Game SDK
You should listen to me, im 'Special'.Or so my physiatrist said.
Some of the coments on this thread are an excellent example of people that take one word and run with it. The site did not say that it had Atari 800 graphics and processing power. It said that it has features of the Atari architecture that made it easier to program. Now had the same heckler bother to look at the rest of the site they would have found this:

quote:XGameStation FAQ
The processing power of the XGameStation is approximately 10x that of the Super Nintendo (SNES), and it's graphical capabilities are approximately 50-200% more advanced than the SNES. Moreover, the graphics subsystem was specifically designed to draw upon the best parts of the Atari 800, Apple II, Super Nintendo, and Commodore 64, the systems that drove the computer and video game revolutions.

[edited by - thed77 on October 31, 2003 1:17:24 PM]
If you missed a great moment in history don't worry, it'll repeat itself.
What''s funny is this thing is not about programming at all, you can program for it however....it is about building and putting together the hardware aspect of it. It is a learning tool, not a mainstream gaming machine.
I want one,
I want one,
I want one!
;-)

I really love this idea, I was looking for something similar since a longer time, I have done some basic stuff with microprocessors but that''s about that, nothing even close to this.
quote:Original post by OME
What''s funny is this thing is not about programming at all, you can program for it however....it is about building and putting together the hardware aspect of it. It is a learning tool, not a mainstream gaming machine.

HOWEVER, this machine will be more appealing when you see some nice games (snes or gba style) running on it. Games that show to your friends the capabilities of the hardware you''ve built yourself. You know there is no motivation in learning how to build hardware that cannot do anything interesting.
Stop being blind fools.
Can the negative people here not see how this could give you experience on every aspect of game developement. It is a superb research machine and not even working as a developer could guarantee the exposure this would bring to yourself in such a short space of time. Simple is not bad, its the best base you can start on.

Note - The people who have nothing good to say about general stuff on these forums should leave, its becomming a very negative unpleasant experience reading half the posts.
Long live Lamothe! The community at www.xgamestation.com will be one of the best things about the thing. How many units do you think he will sell?
dont have a clue, but there are over 1500 users on the forums, plus i think that enyone who is even considering programming for a console should have one of these...

XgameStation A Game Console Development Kit
You should listen to me, im 'Special'.Or so my physiatrist said.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement