www.xgamestation.com

Started by
28 comments, last by DuncanBojangles 20 years, 4 months ago
Just think if you knew everything about a game console, owned that console, and could write your own games for it... for only $99. www.xgamestation.com www.xgamestation.com [edited by - duncanbojangles on October 5, 2003 11:46:12 PM]
"Donkey, if it were me, you'd be dead."I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniute.
Advertisement
you can do so for just about any console. including the GBA and the GameCube.
you can do it for the Dreamcast for $40-50.
and it''s a 128-bit

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

quote:Quote from xgamestation site
The revolution is coming ... What side are you on?

Uhh.. yeah.. I think I''ll side with the consoles that aren''t worse than Atari.

James Simmons
MindEngine Development
http://medev.sourceforge.net
You can do it on the PC for free if you know where to look.

What exactly posses people to release a console with a processor coming up for 20 years old? Amazed they got it running at 25mhz.
Its a hoax!

---------------------------
The pipes clangor all the time.
---------------------------The pipes clangor all the time.
It sounds like fun to me. Programming on this kind of system would be a cool challenge. And it would be interesting to learn about the inner workings for a non-electronics-oriented guy like me. Today''s consoles don''t exactly come with reference manuals or instructions on how you would build your own.

Anyway, if you look at the website for more than a minute, it''s obvious this is meant to be for fun and education, for programmer types. As such, I think it could be pretty cool.
Orin Tresnjak | Graphics ProgrammerBethesda Game StudiosStandard Disclaimer: My posts represent my opinions and not those of Bethesda/Zenimax, etc.
if it wasn''t atari graphics this thing could probably beat Xbox (but, thats not saying much) and maybe even Ps2 as well. Just think if both commercial developers AND independant developers could release games for it, without having to go thru a SONY or NINTENDO licencing and approval process first.
quote:if it wasn''t atari graphics this thing could probably beat Xbox (but, thats not saying much) and maybe even Ps2 as well. Just think if both commercial developers AND independant developers could release games for it, without having to go thru a SONY or NINTENDO licencing and approval process first.

Beat it at what? First to the trash bin race?

Its good for people who want to program for consoles with full documentation. But its a POS as far as power goes.
You can already develope games for PS2, GBA, ect. The reason the XGS is such a cool idea is you can learn the hardware side. Once you learn what your doing, you can make whatever console you want.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement