Free Texture from Memory

Started by
15 comments, last by tresspassor 20 years, 6 months ago
Update:

Soon as I moved glGenTextures to only be called once I no longer had the memory notch problem. Now it will raise up a little, then drop back down to normal. Very cool.

Thanks for all of your help.

vincoof -> Asus V7700 64M

[edited by - tresspassor on October 7, 2003 10:47:22 PM]
Advertisement
Asus V7700 64M -> that''s the GeForce2 GTS that integrates stereo viewing on-board, is it ?

Do you use the latest nvidia drivers ? Or do you use custom drivers (typically drivers that support stereo viewing) ?

As for memory checking, what kind of memory do you check ? Under Windows 2000 there are at least two fields related to memory for each process.
Do you use the latest nvidia drivers ? Or do you use custom drivers (typically drivers that support stereo viewing) ?
---------------
NVidia 6.14.10.4403

As for memory checking, what kind of memory do you check ? Under Windows 2000 there are at least two fields related to memory for each process
---------------
I was checking the overall mem usage, I first noticed it just watching the performance monitor tab. I''ll watch the other memory fields and get more details.

that''s the GeForce2 GTS that integrates stereo viewing on-board, is it ?
---------------
It came with 3d glasses that plugged into the back of the card and made me feel like I had my head pressed against a strobe light.
quote:Original post by tresspassor
that''s the GeForce2 GTS that integrates stereo viewing on-board, is it ?
---------------
It came with 3d glasses that plugged into the back of the card and made me feel like I had my head pressed against a strobe light.

If you activate stereo viewing in the drivers (I don''t know how good nvidia drivers are in this regard though) then you can switch to stereo without changing a single line of code in your program. In fact, all you need is to swap to fullscreen mode and stereo starts immediately. With that said, you need a monitor that supports 120Hz refresh rates at least.
anyone ever use the disclaim() function? I can''t seem to find it anywhere.. or is that only a linux function?

I''m worried that my malloced memory isn''t being freed all the way when I call free()
http://www.faqchest.com/linux/KERNEL/kern-97/kern-9705/kern-970519/kern97051411_17141.html
"It is not sufficient to free the space that was malloced or calloced. free releases only the address range that the structure occupied. In order to release the real memory and paging space, you must disclaim the space as well."

So is there a way to (really) free the memory in windows?
Hmm. I''m not sure if this issue isn''t linux-specific...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement