web site crits! please!

Started by
4 comments, last by Avatar God 20 years, 6 months ago
I know I make web sites way too often, but hey, its fun. I totally redid this site (it had been dormant for a while, the poor thing ) and its a bit more interesting. Why? Well, we''re going on a big trip to NYC to play at a big convention, so I figured, why not make it look nice? Anyways, this took me about an hour and a half... So tear it apart! clicky! Please tell me what you think, good or bad. (Oh, and since someone will probably mention it, I''m keeping the intro collage-thing because it looks cool and that was the only place I could find for it.) -George, the guy who always posts these...
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Advertisement
(Editing doesn't want to work...)

I don't have the sheet with the information about the IAJE trip in case you were wondering about that page having no useful information on it.

//edit. there we go.

I'm trying to keep the whole thing simple (hence the really long past bands page)... but if you can think of a better way to organize the stuff without totally overhauling the site, let me know.

[edited by - Avatar God on October 6, 2003 7:12:02 PM]
What the hell are you using, a 8" monitor? Go make it variable width before its worth commenting on

Oh, and the background & text needs more contrast when you roll over them on the left menu.
lol

Nah, I have my resolution as big as most of the people here (excepting maybe those with more than one monitor), its more that the site will not be updated more than once a year, and its just a basic overview of the bands.

But I can't believe I didn't make the main box variable. I was just caught up in throwing it all together

Get those changes done sometime soon. Have to write essays for McDermott...

I can see the rollovers fine...

Geo

[edited by - Avatar God on October 7, 2003 1:00:06 PM]
quote:Original post by Avatar God
Nah, I have my resolution as big as most of the people here (excepting maybe those with more than one monitor)

What resolution are you assuming we all use? I''m at 1024x768 and I think it''s a bit on the small side. But then, I have this thing against fixed width pages in general, so my opinion may be biased .

-----------------------
I am 0x539. Are you?
----------------------- I am 0x539. Are you?
Well, I've generally steered clear of fixed-width pages, but I've found them (just recently) a little more fun to make because you get to control _everything_ you want. And me, image-heavy and usually style-sheet heavy me, that just makes things different.

Anyways, I'm getting around to changing it, but GDev keeps sapping my strength...

_GEO

//1024*768 @ home, sometimes larger.

[edited by - Avatar God on October 8, 2003 10:23:18 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement