• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie00

OpenGL OpenGL to Dx

This topic is 5462 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What would the following be in Direct X? glDisable(GL_DEPTH_TEST); glRasterPos3f(x,y,z); // insert coordinates here GLfloat curc[4]; glGetFloatv(GL_CURRENT_RASTER_POSITION, curc); GLfloat coords[4]; glGetFloatv(GL_VIEWPORT, coords); SetCursorPos(curc[0],coords[3]-curc[1]); glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST); Thanks.

Advertisement
D3DXConvertFromOpenGLToDirect3D(glDisable(GL_DEPTH_TEST);glRasterPos3f(x,y,z);GLfloat curc[4];glGetFloatv(GL_CURRENT_RASTER_POSITION, curc);GLfloat coords[4];glGetFloatv(GL_VIEWPORT, coords);SetCursorPos(curc[0],coords[3]-curc[1]);glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST););

James Simmons
MindEngine Development
http://medev.sourceforge.net

[edited by - neurokaotix on October 6, 2003 8:12:51 PM]

quote:
Original post by neurokaotix
D3DXConvertFromOpenGLToDirect3D(glDisable(GL_DEPTH_TEST);glRasterPos3f(x,y,z);GLfloat curc[4];glGetFloatv(GL_CURRENT_RASTER_POSITION, curc);GLfloat coords[4];glGetFloatv(GL_VIEWPORT, coords);SetCursorPos(curc[0],coords[3]-curc[1]);glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST););

And you wonder why you''re on probation. Why do you have to act like that? If you want to post crap, go to another forum. This forum does not need people acting like that. At least keep it in the lounge, don''t bring it here. In case you forgot, a lot of professionals come here, so why don''t you act like you have at least a little dignity?

Newbie00:
Try reading the SDK documentation and search for similar functions. Most of the functions can be converted using the SetRenderState(*), SetTransform(*), etc functions.

-UltimaX-

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"

quote:
Original post by UltimaX
And you wonder why you''re on probation. Why do you have to act like that? If you want to post crap, go to another forum. This forum does not need people acting like that. At least keep it in the lounge, don''t bring it here. In case you forgot, a lot of professionals come here, so why don''t you act like you have at least a little dignity?

I''ve never, for a single moment, wondered why I''m on probation.
kthxbye

James Simmons
MindEngine Development
http://medev.sourceforge.net

Could you at least try to have some respect for the community? Keep acting the way you are and you're going to get banned... That doesn't tell you something? If you don't care about that than maybe they should just ban you now and save themselves a headache. I use to have a little respect for you, know I'm starting to wonder why...

BTW: I don't think rendering a sphere and cube is that great of an engine? Got any better screen shots?

EDIT
By the way, Newbie00 you're welcome.

-UltimaX-

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"

[edited by - UltimaX on October 6, 2003 8:51:00 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!