Final Year Project

Started by
6 comments, last by gustava32 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi, Im just about to embark on my Final Year Project. I am going to be writing a small compendium of games that will help children to learn basic maths and english skills. I was just wondering if anyone knows a good source for educational software programming resources? Thanks
Advertisement
ewwww, edutainment

--{You fight like a dairy farmer!}

--{You fight like a dairy farmer!}

I guess nobody knows anywhere then?
quote:Original post by gustava32
I was just wondering if anyone knows a good source for educational software programming resources?

What kind of ''sources'' are you looking for? Your requirements are slightly vague.

There is not tutorial on how to make good educational software. Heck, there isn''t even an agreed on way for teachers to teach in person, let alone in software.

~~~~~
" I...went from hopeless to sucky in a relatively short time." - entivore.
Download and play Slime King I.
~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn
Seems to me that designing such software would be easier than any game. What age is your target audience? If your designing for people as young as what I''m thinking, I would just do something like simple flash cards; Just pop up questions like
4 X 5
and they have to type in 20. (20 is right isnt it?)

You could rack up points by answering correctly and by answering quickly.

For the english part you could have multiple choice for the correctly spelled word
eg

"Yesterday I had Mexican food and now I have __________"
a) diarea
b) diarrhea
c) dyarea
d) deyareya

Or definitions like this:
DIARRHEA

a) what you call it when your watch stops
b) when someone named Rhea dies
c) The little plastic disk underneath the caps in pop bottles
d) runny shit

Yeah thats the sort of thing that i was thinking of doing.

For questions though i need to learn how to access a database, im not sure what language im gonna use yet either which is another problem!
I know many people will flame me out, but for that kind of application. VB 6.0 would be the easiest. You can do quick and easy graphics plus Database access is simple with ADO. You could write that software in a few days, a week if you dont know how to program in VB.

[edited by - EasyGino on October 10, 2003 9:10:18 AM]
Yeah one of my ,ates suggested VB as well, but im not a big fan of VB!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement