Scene Graph PVS

Started by
1 comment, last by TonyFish 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I''m worling on a scene graph system and I''m having trouble figuring out how to do hidden surface removal. I know the basics like frustrum culling but say I have a 2 storied building with is entirely within the view frustrum all the inner elements down the chairs and light bulbs within the house are going to be rendered even though I can only see a few of them though windows. What techniques could effectively be applied to a scene graph to perform a better removal? *sorry if this has come up time and time again but the search forum feature was down* Many Thanks <Fish>{
<Fish>{
Advertisement
quote:
say I have a 2 storied building with is entirely within the view frustrum all the inner elements down the chairs and light bulbs within the house are going to be rendered even though I can only see a few of them though windows. What techniques could effectively be applied to a scene graph to perform a better removal?

Portals or occlusion culling come to mind.
Know of any realllly good sites for portal culling? I''m looking online but nothing a=incredible so far...
<Fish>{

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement