New Tutorials...

Started by
2 comments, last by HellRiZZer 20 years, 6 months ago
Hello everybody, I just want to announce that I''ve posted two new tutorials on how to program GUI in C++/OpenGL and two more are coming. Visit my website to view them (link below) or the international mirror at: http://ionware.itinto.us. Thanks. " Do we need us? "

Ionware Productions - Games and Game Tools Development

Advertisement
Nice, i was looking for something like this earlier. You are the man!
1. The download links are broken.

2. The code is pretty good, but I think a good tutorial is about good explanations, notnecessarily good code. The idea is that after the reader reads the stuff, he can create good code himself. And explanation, I feel, is what the tutorial is lacking. You seem to just give the code and say what it does. There is very little in the way of why it does what it does and why it is a good idea to do things that way. Add some of that and the tuts will definitely be worth a newb''s while.
Thanks Anonymous, I was actually looking for this kind of reply when I posted this topic.
I will re-write the tutorials and ... I don''t really have much experience in writing them, maybe you tell me (or show) an appropriate example?
I know that Nehe got pretty good tutorials, but he got too much code in them, so the page loads pretty long for dial ups.
I also been on GameTutorials that basically don''t have any tutorials, just a well commented source code. So, which way should I go?

Thanks.

" Do we need us? "

Ionware Productions - Games and Game Tools Development

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement