Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirectDrawCreate error using Dev-C++

This topic is 5180 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m just trying to write a bare-bones Win 32 app using DirectDraw and I keep getting the same error:
Compiler: Default compiler
Executing  g++.exe...
g++.exe "C:\Dev-Cpp\Projects\DirectDraw Test\main.cpp" -o "C:\Dev-Cpp\Projects\DirectDraw Test\main.exe"    -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++"  -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\mingw32"  -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\backward"  -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include"  -I"C:\DXSDK\Include"   -L"C:\Dev-Cpp\lib" -L"C:\DXSDK\Lib"
C:\DOCUME~1\BLAKEY~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccI3baaa.o(.text+0x235):main.cpp: undefined reference to `DirectDrawCreate@12''

Execution terminated

I get the same error when I try to use DirectSoundCreate(). I''ve included all the necessary files I think (ddraw.h and windows.h) so I don''t know what''s up. I''ve gone to Tools->Compiler Options->Directories and added C:\DXSDK\Lib and C:\DXSDK\Include to the Lib and Include directories, respectively (along with all the directories that were already there like C:\Dev-C++\Lib and \Include). I''ve also tried adding them via the Project->Project Options->Directories method, but I still get the error. Any help is appreciated.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hi, I tried using Dev C++, but I thought it was very hard to get every thing right, (or maybe I just didn''t know enough Direct x ), if you still have a hard time with it try and get visual c++ 6.00 (.net would be a fortune), even the student edition will be enough, especially while if you''re still learning. All I had to do was link the lib and the includes files in the sdk, and it''s worked every time. I haven''t got a lot of money, I got mine on ebay,