8 Step Guide to surpass OpenGL NEWB!

Started by
13 comments, last by Elfs1der 20 years, 6 months ago
When I was a pure beginner I started out with BASIC. That was a while ago, though. . .

I''d say the best language to start out with is Pascal (from which Delphi is derived). That one can also do OpenGL programming with it is certainly a nice bonus, too. C is just a step up from Pascal, IMHO, while VB is sigificantly different from C.
-Ostsol
Advertisement
the best language to start off with is the one you can relate to the most. Surely it is better to learn the princples of programming first before worrying about what language you learn? It is no good sitting a newbie down infront of C++ to learn the basics of programming when they might learn the idea faster from something like basic or pascal or java or anything like that. All too many ppl seem to put down basic because thats what it is, basic, a beginners language, which hides the nasty stuff and allows you to learn the basics of programing without having to worry.
Personally, I found C++ far more intuitive. I dunno maybe it has to do with why people are always calling me a genious or something. Anyways, I like to go hard, then figure out the little things I don''t know. It''s like with any language, the best way to learn it, is to immerse yourself in it.
[s] [/s]
I can see the fnords.
quote:Original post by DudeMiester
I dunno maybe it has to do with why people are always calling me a genious or something.

No, that's not it. I use C.

[edited by - cowsarenotevil on October 8, 2003 10:09:29 PM]
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Wow. What a "genious" you are...

Newbie myth #23324: C++ is harder than C.

This thread has bugger all to do with OpenGL, and it''s not much use as a general programming thread either, so I''m closing it.

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement