get current (me) user/pass on win2k

Started by
8 comments, last by original vesoljc 20 years, 6 months ago
where is the info and how to get it? using vc6 [edited by - original vesoljc on October 8, 2003 3:33:36 AM]
Abnormal behavior of abnormal brain makes me normal...
Advertisement
I would check this.

MatrixCubed
http://MatrixCubed.cjb.net

I would check <a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0764545698/103-0983973-1065408?v=glance">this</a>.
hmm, i really cant afford to buy a new book just for this...
can smd help me out?

are these two values stored in the registry?
Have a look at MSDN for the GetUserName API function.

The password is something you cannot get by legitimate means. If you are seriously willing to get into legal trouble, you can find out how L0phtCrack breaks Windows password files. Otherwise, think of a different idea.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

why do you want to know?
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
why illegal? if i logged on, i know the pass, i just want to save some typing (got a simple remote script runner)

GetUserName? tnx
If you know the pass, you don''t need to "get" it. Besides, windows stores your password hash, not the password directly.

GetUserName() only tells you the name of the of the user running the caller thread. It won''t work as a service as it will tell you SYSTEM. Then again, you already know the username since you logged on.

If you want to save typing to log in, just set autologin via the registry keys. Anything you write is likely to compromise what minimal security is already in place for windows.
quote:Anything you write is likely to compromise what minimal security is already in place for windows.

:rolleyes:
char a[99999],*p=a;int main(int c,char**V){char*v=c>0?1[V]:(char*)V;if(c>=0)for(;*v&&93!=*v;){62==*v&&++p||60==*v&&--p||43==*v&&++*p||45==*v&&--*p||44==*v&&(*p=getchar())||46==*v&&putchar(*p)||91==*v&&(*p&&main(0,(char**)(--v+2))||(v=(char*)main(-1,(char**)++v)-1));++v;}else for(c=1;c;c+=(91==*v)-(93==*v),++v);return(int)v;}  /*** drpizza@battleaxe.net ***/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement