Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Erzengeldeslichtes

Intellisense died...

I have a function which compiles fine, but as I go through it suddenly where I would get info about the function, lists of member functions and variables, etc, they simply don't appear. I have narrowed it down to this:
VECTOR* yMax, *yMin, *xMax, *xMin;
yMax = yMin = xMax = xMin = &Vertices[0];
for(int z=1; z<8; z++)
{
	if(Vertices[z].x > xMax->x)
	{
		xMax = &Vertices[z];
	}
	if(Vertices[z].x < xMin->x)//This line intellisense functions

{//this line and beyond it doesn't.

xMin = &Vertices[z];
	}
	if(Vertices[z].y > yMax->y)
	{
		yMax = &Vertices[z];
	}
	if(Vertices[z].y < yMin->y)//This line also functions properly if I remove the previous "last functioning line"

{//Then beyond here it stops working.

yMin = &Vertices[z];
	}
}
The line where it stops functioning is exactly the same as the functioning section as far as I can tell, there's no open functions (which kills intellisense but also kills compiles), and I simply can't understand what's going on. If I cut out the last functioning line, intellisense works for the rest of the file. If I put it back in anywhere it stops functioning from that point and beyond. What's so offending about that line? Edit: Just noticed that my other line with "<" in it also kills intellisense. Why? What's offending about the <? I'll try switching the variables and setting to >, but why does < kill intellisense? Edit2: HTML can be evil when it wants to be... [edited by - Erzengeldeslichtes on October 8, 2003 3:56:11 AM] [edited by - Erzengeldeslichtes on October 8, 2003 3:58:48 AM]

I''ve noted some weird behaviors with Intellisense as well and I assume that for some mystic reasons your < are thought of as a opening include.

Some other things you can use to wreck IS:
in VS.net 2003, maybe even earlier:
void function(int _a, int _b)
will not be found, probably as somebody decided "only _TAG_names of c struct, followed by a typedef use underscores as first letter. Easy to work around, just loose the _

in VC++ 6.0 Std Intellisense wont offer members of classes whose headers are located somewhere else then the current working directory and therefore included by #include <header>.
I found a stupid warkaround for that a long time ago: highlight the header being included and select "open file" in the context menu. Funny enough he finds it, and opens it. Now make a change in the file, like insert a blank line at the beginning, and do NOT save. Voila now he known what you''re talking about and intellisense wizens up. Best thing is: Once the file was treated that way once this is apparently stored in the Project or Workspace so you have to pull that stunt only once per project.

---------------------------
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up

When there are nothing else to do, you can comment away code that fucks is up and put it back into code when you have to compile it.

I had to do that once when is didn''t like my D3D includes

----------------------------------------------
Petter Nordlander

"There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. They who understand binary and those who do not"

If youre using MSVC++ 6, I heard somewhere that if you delete the .pch (or pcb or whatever theyre called-- basically anything that is not a .h, .cpp, .dsp, or .proj file) files in your directory, then it should work again.