Your Suggestion Required

Started by
3 comments, last by ehsen 20 years, 6 months ago
I want to learn a new programing language but tell me which should i learn. C++.NET seems to be powerful but what''s about vb.net. Now many people will say that i am starting a flamewar. But i am asking this question from industrial point of view. Which language can be helpful while getting a job and if we talk about from the perspective of creating complicated softwares like (CG animation, communciation protocols etc..)
Ehsen
Advertisement
in my opinion
MSVC++
DevC++
What languages do you know already?

If it''s all about getting some programming job, then Java should be learned. If you want to be in game programming business, C++ is the de facto right now, although scripting languages like Python and Lua are becoming more important. Still, you can''t do without some knowledge of C++ in game programming. Yet. C++ and Delphi are still important in general application programming, but Java and C# are rapidly pushing into that field. Python and Ruby (of which I recommend Python) are especially useful in prototyping and in creating small throw-away tests and GUI applications. VB.NET is used for dirty jobs so don''t learn it. There''s an increasing amount of hype about C# right now also, but IMO it''s not worth learning.
You ask which language i know the answer is i have already 1.5 years experience in visual basic.
Ehsen
If it''s all about getting a programming job, learn whatever language takes your please, then find out about the job you want to be employed as, and learn that one. It''s much easier to learn another language than a first one.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement