Whhat are some good tutorials for...

Started by
16 comments, last by MGP13 20 years, 6 months ago
Sorry about that;can any one help me?
Advertisement
quote:
No, Direct3D is now the API of choice (assuming DirectX in the first place) for both 2D and 3D, and has been renamed to "DirectXGraphics."

I thought it was called DirectGraphics. Anyways, cowsarenotevil is right, directdraw is now depricated, but that doesn't mean you can't use it.
quote:
If I was a 13 year old looking to make a 2d game I'd go with directdraw

*taps his toe on the floor repeatidly*
Shouldn't that be "If I was a 13 year old looking to make a 3d game I'd go with directdraw" However, I do prefer direct3d to directdraw because the interface is much nicer.

[edited by - brassfish89 on October 11, 2003 6:11:07 PM]
quote:Original post by nodeg
True--BUT--thanks to the wonders of com, both directdraw AND directXGraphics are compatible with DX8/9... But there are WAY more tuts for using directdraw out there. If I was a 13 year old looking to make a 2d game I''d go with directdraw... for that matter even if I was 27 and I was looking to learn game programming I''d do the same damn thing(or use SDL).

Yes, well I was a 13 year old looking to make a 2D game, and I ended up using OpenGL, but that''s not the point. I first tried with DirectDraw, and got so confused that I gave up before trying Direct3D, making a rotating square,and finally switching to OpenGL, and I still know a bit of Direct3D, and much prefer it to DirectDraw.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Can ANY one help,I''v looked everywhere;please help.

NOTE: READ FIRST POST!!!
check your email I sent you a lot of links
Thank you very much;your a life saver.
You bet
quote:Original post by cowsarenotevil
Yes, well I was a 13 year old looking to make a 2D game, and I ended up using OpenGL, but that''s not the point. I first tried with DirectDraw, and got so confused that I gave up before trying Direct3D, making a rotating square,and finally switching to OpenGL, and I still know a bit of Direct3D, and much prefer it to DirectDraw.

There is still more(free) documentation for the older methods, than the new, which was my reasoning behind my statement. I admit I have little knowledge of which is easier as I have not coded more than an iota of dx.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement