background resizing when exiting application

Started by
1 comment, last by oordeel 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi Guys, I got a question regarding my desktop background resizing after my application exits. I am using ddraw from DX7, to go in fullscreen mode and just reset my screensize and depth to 640X480X8. The resetting of my screen works as intended and I don''t have any error messages. However, after exiting, my background is resized as if I''d was set to the 640X480 resolution instead of the 1280X1024 i have. My desktop icons are not moved though, they are in the same location. The system I''m running this test on is an XP pro. Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated. PS: I''m not looking for a code fix, but rather I''m trying to understand why this is happening and what possible solutions could be.
Advertisement
i''m on 98SE with DX9 and all my icons are moved like my desktop was resized, but i never had this problem before i switched to the SDK editions of directX. it''s kind of a related problem, so i figured i''d add the question here. by the way, i have no idea whats happening in your situation. Sorry. guess we both need help.
nerev had that problem, but I always had the problem that the msvc window resizes to the size of my app, but I don''t really think it''s my fault, because if I have msvc running, and I start another app, it also resizes, so I geuss it''s a either msvc''s fault or dx''s fault, so I wouldn''t care. it''s annoying, but I don''t think you are doing anything wrong

My Site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement