How's our Game?

Started by
6 comments, last by Neb 20 years, 6 months ago
I recently graduated from Full Sail, and would like to share my team''s final project "DeepSix". Its an underwater FPS, with Capture the Flag. Its multiplayer only, so find some friends and try it out! Go to: http://www.trepid.net/~deepsix for the game''s site. The site is still under construction, but you can check out screenshots and download the game here. Please tell us what you think! Ben
Advertisement
About problems:

We have a few problems with some people not able to play the game properly. Please make sure that you have the latest DirectX and Drivers. Also, we''ve had some serious problems with AMD processors and we''re not sure what that''s all about. Anyway, if you have questions, I will help the best I can, but you need to tell me you comp specs. Thanks
Maybe "Your Announcements" would yield better results..
But congrats on graduation, and more importantly, a finished(?) game!
I think this forum is OK for feedback on finished games, after all being able to critically analyze games and ideas is an important part of game design.

I''ve downloaded your game, but I''ve not yet had a chance to actually play it. I''ll post some comments later.
How was full-sail like? I''ve been thinking about going there..
For the most part, Full Sail was a great experience. They were just finishing restructuring the entire gamed design course when we went through, so our class was a sort of "guinea pig". This is what Full Sail does: They teach how to build a game from the ground up (programming wise). You''ll learn to use DirectX and OpenGL and also learn plenty of non-game oriented computer programming experience and theory. You''ll even get some light hands on experience with other API''s, such as RenderWare (which is what we used). Its also a fairly difficult course, mostly due to the speed at which you move through it. You must be TRULY committed before coming here. Here''s what Full Sail does not do: Hand you a job. I''ve noticed alot of people who come to this school think its their free ticket into the industry, but it takes alot of effort to get a job in the game industry, so only those that keep trying after graduation get what they really came to Full Sail for. Anyway, its not perfect, and they could use a few changes, but its probably the best place to start. They are also in the process of upgrading the course to a BS. I would definitely recommend the school if you came for the BS.

Ben
Do they teach any game design/game dynamics/game mechanics/psychology/behavioural science? Or is it just technical skills they teach you?
They do teach you some game mechanics, theory, etc. but by far most of it is technical. Essentially they are preparing you for a job as a programmer in the game industry. From there, you must work your way to the designer position.

NOTE: It has just come to my attention that the installer won't put the game onto your computer correctly at this time. You can run the game, but you'll crash immediately if you try to HOST/JOIN. We've identified the problem and are going to put a new installer on the website. I'll probably make a new post about our game in the "Announcement" section. But feel free to ask any questions you have here

[edited by - Neb on October 9, 2003 8:31:24 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement