Scene Manager: the task manager

Started by
2 comments, last by Filami 20 years, 6 months ago
Heis ppl! I would like to have some inlightment on about a task manager for my scene manager! I''m thincking in use linked objects to make a foward kinamtics only using glPushMatrix and glPopMatrix. The idea is to have some kind of a node for each render task organized on a binary tree. The nodes would be inserted in the bintree based on the distance to the plane. For blended nodes, the insertion would be inverted, so, the opaque objectos would be rendered from fronto to back and blended nodes would be rendered backward! But, this dificults me to make the foward kinematic. The unic solution would be to put in each node a transformation matrix. This don-t seems to me to be fast enought! Each node would have a vertex pointer, a material and a matrix. This may give me some overhead on rendering. Whats your advice guys?
Techno Grooves
Advertisement
Damn it.....
I have this topic in 2 foruns and I don''r have any response? What the hell are you doing to don''t know what I''m asking about?
Techno Grooves
Sometimes, you post may not be seen right away. In fact, when it is first posted, it appears on the main page. Every reply bumps it back to the main page for visitors to see.

So simply put, if you want your post to be bumped back to the main page for a chance to be answered again, you could simply type:

*bump*

in a post an people will be able to see it better.

That out of the way, have you heard of vertex shaders? Specifically mesh pallete skinning or the register that allows you to index into the transformation matrix?
quote:Sometimes, you post may not be seen right away. In fact, when it is first posted, it appears on the main page. Every reply bumps it back to the main page for visitors to see.

Thats why i''ve replay in this way, to make a bump to the post. I''ve didn''t know that I could only type *bump* on a post to bump it!

quote:That out of the way, have you heard of vertex shaders? Specifically mesh pallete skinning or the register that allows you to index into the transformation matrix?

Thats completly out of way. For several reasons:
-it''s possible to make it simpler
-My graphics card don''t support it!
For example, Unreal Tournement or Homworld just don''t use that! But they certlany have some kind of manager! How they do that?
Techno Grooves

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement