A problem with DirectX Data rendering in Windows Forms Managed C++.

Started by
3 comments, last by Lionheartadi 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi I have a small minor problem . I''m trying to render a simple scene in a managed C++ windows forms window... but I am unable to find a main loop of the program, or a way to tell DX in which window to render in other words the window handle. In Win32 it''s easy, but in windows forms it''s just weird... I mean I would just like to know how to render in a windows form with managed C++. So if there are any examples or help anyone can give me please do . I will gladly take them. The DX code is unmanaged. Acording to Microsoft you can combine managed and unmanaged C++ in a same project, source file etc... So this should not be a problem. Well if someone has some info please help me. Thank you for your help.
Adrian Simionescu
Advertisement
All Windows Forms controls expose a Handle property which is the HWnd of the window. Is that what you need?

--
AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
[Project site] [Blog] [RSS] [Browse the source] [IRC channel]
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
quote:Original post by Arild Fines
All Windows Forms controls expose a Handle property which is the HWnd of the window. Is that what you need?

--

Well Yep thats a start , but where do I call my drawing update function(s) etc... to update the screen each frame
Adrian Simionescu
I''d hook up an event handler to the static Application::Idle event if I were you. It gets run whenever Windows doesn''t have anything else to do.

--
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
quote:Original post by Arild Fines
I'd hook up an event handler to the static Application::Idle event if I were you. It gets run whenever Windows doesn't have anything else to do.

--

hmm.. Allright I'll try that. Thx I'll have to test it. I'm preaty sure I'll crash the program, but hey that is how you learn(me) .

[edited by - LionheartAdi on October 9, 2003 2:08:12 PM]
Adrian Simionescu

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement