SDL +OpenGL

Started by
3 comments, last by ANION 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi guys, I know this ain't an SDL forum, but I'm having trouble. I'm programming OpenGL and using SDL to bring my work together. On my home PC the speed runs ok (NVidia Geforce 2 MX). Right now I'm on a college PC (Radeon 7500) and when I run a simple rotating cube program (same as I ran at home) it seems to run at least five times faster. I've seen one or two things on other sites but alas I have found no solution.. I would appreciate any info and thanks in advance.. PS Could this be a driver related problem? Is the Radeon a faster card than my old Geforce2 MX? [edited by - ANION on October 9, 2003 10:00:52 AM]
Advertisement
According to a PC World magazine benchmark test, the Radeon 7500 should be up to 2.5 times the speed of th GeForce 2 MX, on the same machine. given that the college PC is probably faster than your home PC, that should account for it.

-------------------------------------------
Here''s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes, the ones who see things differently.
-------------------------------------------

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Definitelly a matter of hardware, this is why you should use time based animation rather than frame based animation, my game project runs at 60fps at home (Athlon XP 2400 + GForce FX 5200) it crawls at 10 fps at work (Pentium III 700 + Generic SiS crappy card), choppy animation, but still in sync.

Cheers!
That AP was me :D

Proud aedGUI developer.
Also make sure you don''t have v-sync enabled on the geforce2mx.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement