Making a Racing Game Like no other

Started by
11 comments, last by gsharad007 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi I am making a racing game which emphasis on modding. more of an rpg racing game. buy/sell/repair parts, create cars from crap/scrap. buy new/used/dumped cars and modify. features wud include # 20+ new cars # ability to create totally unique cars (part by part) # wud try to achieve a true physics engine ( for those unique cars) # major parts companies ( OEMs and others) so u can choose the same part from diff companies and get that little bit of diff to ur car # Legal/Illegal races # Mountain / Drag / Street / OffRoad / Country and every possible combination of tracks and modes # Win Money/Cars/Respect # absolutely everything anyone cud think of wud be tried to be included What i need are experiened game programmer (i am a non - game programmer wid 6 years experience) graphics guys / redering guys / sound and most of all car enthusiasts. currently i am thinking of creating a new engine but if a free engine which fits the bill is found it wud be used for now. major project here. it wud be free or atleast very cheap. something to rock the currently dull racing games. Ppl intersted pls contact me immediately 10x Sharad
Advertisement
sw33t, d00d!

ur idea iz wakk. it r0xx0rz!
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
sw33t, d00d!

ur idea iz wakk. it r0xx0rz!

i am guessing by that u like my idea

so u wanna join

whats ur skills
Sounds a lot like what I''m already working on with my roommate...
Yup, my high-school friend and I alreagy got all that on our feature list and we are half-way through college and through the game. We hope to finish it up in another year or so. We could compare our games when we are done, eh, Shane?
quote:Original post by Shane I Am
Sounds a lot like what I''m already working on with my roommate...

so u and the anonmous dude are together

what have u accomplished so far

i just want a game like that

nobody else was making it so i thought about making it

tell me about ur game and we might join forces
Nope, we are totally different teams. If you''ve noticed, he said he was working with his roommate, and I said I was working with my HS friend. So, I can''t really speak for Shane, but what we''ve done so far is the following:

o Our 3D graphics engine is complete. My partner wrote it from scratch and its looking pretty good, and most importantly runs smoothly now.
o He also created a custom GUI lib for us, which was kind of originally based on ParaGUI, but then since we really wanted a 3D world, we only reused some code, but rewrote most of the stuff directly on top of OpenGL.
o I did the physics engine, so that the cars'' movement is all smooth and realistic-looking. Took an advanced mechanics course last year just for that.
o Since my CS specialization is AI, I am now working on realistic driving intelligence. I''m a good way in, and the cars at least don''t dart off the track any more, but there is still lots to be desired.
o My friend is currently working on implementing a flexible system for the in-game experience - so that it would be easy to make car parts and put them into the game seamlessly - so that the modders would have an easy and fun experience; also, the different types of races and ladders is what he is currently working on.

Mainly on our todo list now is stuff like finishing the AI, toushing up on the tools we have: the "Engine" - which is a tool that allows you to create custom car parts; "Magellan" - which is a tool that allows you to create race tracks; and "Frankenstein" - a tool for creating and "training" artificial players, who will be able to have fairly distinct driving types. So, there is still lots of work to be done, especially in the actual "fun" aspect of the game, but we feel that the framework in its current state is coming together to be quite solid.
sounds like a lot of work

alone i wud have taken a year to finish that

so wanna join forces.

and cud i c a little demo of it too
i wuz da anonymos postr. i wuz zriticising your riting, d00d.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
i wuz da anonymos postr. i wuz zriticising your riting, d00d.

what ?????

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement