Preetham's Daylight Paper problem (50k of images)

Started by
11 comments, last by BlackSheep 20 years, 6 months ago
quote:
looks great! happy to share my space for such pics!

Thanks Dave.

quote:
So i was thinking of a table with exposure data. Just make a 24 element table, from the time of day get the hour and interpolate.

What values are you going to use to fill this table? Experimental or calculated by a formula?

I took a look at "Trichromatic Model of Daylight Variation", and i have a question. To say the truth i didn''t read it all from beginning to end, just looked at the tables, equations and comments on them. That''s because they are working with xyY - Sprectal -> XYZ conversion, thing i don''t use.
The question is. They are talking about XYZ unscaled vs scaled values. If you look at their table of XYZ unscaled values, they seem like the values i (and probably the most of you) get in XYZ color space. What i can''t understand is how they manage to scale (not clamping) the values in [0, 255] field. Does somebody else read this paper? Is there an explanation for it? I mean, proper XYZ scaling, without converting to M0, M1 etc. Do i miss something important here?

Thanks for the comments.

And BlackSheep sorry for "destroying" your thread. I didn''t mean to

HellRaiZer
HellRaiZer
Advertisement
I''m gonna do it experimentally because i dont like all those mathematical formulas

[ My Site ]
''I wish life was not so short,'' he thought. ''Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about.'' - J.R.R Tolkien
/*ilici*/
Just a note i figured out today.

BlackSheep in case to make the color more bright, one reasonable way is gamma correction. I don''t remember mentioning it somewhere in your posts thats why i say it. My images have the same darken problem as yours, but when i gamma correct the colors everything look better. Of course, with gamma correction you will see the effect of turbidity, so it it seems way to "cloudy" try to reduce it something around 1.5 - 2.0 should be good.

Hope this helps.

HellRaiZer
HellRaiZer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement