Camera Troubles

Started by
-1 comments, last by SteveK 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I'm new to 3D with the camera. I am using The Zen of Direct3D by Peter Walsh as a guide (pretty good book) and have a textured mesh (ie wall) and some 2D rendering thru the GDI. The camera moves nicely, pitches, rolls, and all that jazz. The only problem I am having with the camera is when I move my mouse in a circle to the left making many circles, my scene rolls left. When I move my mouse in a circle to the right making many circles, my scene rolls to the right. Any ideas? The camera roll property is always set to 0 for no rolling. Same with the frame containing the mesh. I'm using the camera as a first person view for a Quake style game. Here's the update routine for the camera: // Updates the Direct3D view matrix void CCamera::Update() { // Update the x position m_Position.x += m_Velocity.x * m_Right.x; m_Position.y += m_Velocity.x * m_Right.y; m_Position.z += m_Velocity.x * m_Right.z; // Update the y position m_Position.x += m_Velocity.y * m_Up.x; m_Position.y += m_Velocity.y * m_Up.y; m_Position.z += m_Velocity.y * m_Up.z; // Update the z position m_Position.x += m_Velocity.z * m_LookAt.x; m_Position.y += m_Velocity.z * m_LookAt.y; m_Position.z += m_Velocity.z * m_LookAt.z; // Normalize and Regenerate the Look, Right, and Up Vectors D3DXVec3Normalize( &m_LookAt, &m_LookAt ); D3DXVec3Cross( &m_Right, &m_Up, &m_LookAt ); D3DXVec3Normalize( &m_Right, &m_Right ); D3DXVec3Cross( &m_Up, &m_LookAt, &m_Right ); D3DXVec3Normalize( &m_Up, &m_Up ); // Set up the y-axis rotation D3DXMatrixRotationAxis( &mYaw, &m_Up, m_Yaw ); D3DXVec3TransformCoord( &m_LookAt, &m_LookAt, &mYaw ); D3DXVec3TransformCoord( &m_Right, &m_Right, &mYaw ); // Set up the x-axis rotation D3DXMatrixRotationAxis( &mPitch, &m_Right, m_Pitch ); D3DXVec3TransformCoord( &m_LookAt, &m_LookAt, &mPitch ); D3DXVec3TransformCoord( &m_Up, &m_Up, &mPitch ); // Set up the z-axis rotation D3DXMatrixRotationAxis( &mRoll, &m_LookAt, m_Roll ); D3DXVec3TransformCoord( &m_Right, &m_Right, &mRoll ); D3DXVec3TransformCoord( &m_Up, &m_Up, &mRoll ); // Init the view matrix to an identity D3DXMatrixIdentity( &mView ); // Fill in the view matrix mView(0,0) = m_Right.x; mView(0,1) = m_Up.x; mView(0,2) = m_LookAt.x; mView(1,0) = m_Right.y; mView(1,1) = m_Up.y; mView(1,2) = m_LookAt.y; mView(2,0) = m_Right.z; mView(2,1) = m_Up.z; mView(2,2) = m_LookAt.z; mView(3,0) = - D3DXVec3Dot( &m_Position, &m_Right ); mView(3,1) = - D3DXVec3Dot( &m_Position, &m_Up ); mView(3,2) = - D3DXVec3Dot( &m_Position, &m_LookAt ); // Set the view matrix g_pDevice->SetTransform( D3DTS_VIEW, &mView ); } [edited by - SteveK on October 9, 2003 8:53:21 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement