Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game Programming Contest

This topic is 5171 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m hosting a game programming contest on my website and bulletin board. Top prize is $100 with $25 going to the top two runnerups. The basics of the contest is: C/C++ using the Direct3D API for Windows. Oh, did I mention you''ve only got 3 weeks?! Game Programming Contest

Okay, there is obviously some interest in a game programming contest (seeing that the post on my bulletin board has managed 78 views in the past 2 days), but I haven''t had any confirmed entries. So, let''s do a little brainstorming. What''s the problem with the contest? Too short of a deadline? That''s probably the biggest one. DX only? Yeah, that should be changed as well. Anything else?

Guest Anonymous Poster
If im the only one that signs up, and I submit a tic-tac-toe game made with directx in c++, does that mean I get $100?

Guest Anonymous Poster
But my tic-tac-toe game will be unique, having only one color, black

The game programming contest has been expanded. The new deadline for entries is November 15th. Plus, the API restriction has been lifted. Any publicly available API can now be used (OpenGL, DirectX, SDL, etc.).

Sorry, but no. Your entry must be 3D. Even if it is nothing more than a side-scroller, you must have a 3D element such as 3D models and platforms to jump on. Not everything in the game needs to be in 3D, but you should at least have a 3D coordinate system and use it for some element of the game (3D models with 2D movement, 2D models with 3D movement, or preferrably 3D models with 3D movement).