• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maega

NeXe: Why doesn't anyone take it over?

This topic is 5396 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

NeXe's last news post is well over a year old. Why doesn't anyone take it over and update it again? [edited by - Maega on October 10, 2003 1:22:15 AM]

Advertisement
That''s already been discussed on the NeXe forum before, in a thread titled "NeXe is dead" or something similar. As a consequence of that thread, a group of guys joined up and designed a replacement for NeXe, dubbed "DirectDev".

I''ve been responsible for the website coding, as well as writing some tutorials to kick-start the site. As of today, the webcode is nearly finished (well, the basic functionality anyway - We had lots of ideas that aren''t implemented yet). I fear that I didn''t have much spare time for a long time - so I paused the webcode development more than a month ago, and article writing for a lot more than that.

I''ve recently (err..today, before seeing this post) continued writing articles.

If someone has or can write a nice article, it''s welcome. If someone would like to proof-read a couple of articles, just say so.

Muhammad Haggag
MHaggag''s corner

Ah.. I went to see that post and saw that the last post was from February of earlier this year .

Thats why I asked.

Im not experienced with Direct3D, so I can''t help

I''m pretty experienced in Direct3D (using 2D thought). Version 8 at the moment. I''m also pretty good with C++, so if still needed I could write some tutorials/articles.

Maybe i could write a tutorial or two?

But if NeXe isn''t dead i don''t know what is!!

---------------
My sig was boring so i replaced it.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!