Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toni Petrina

Level editor problem

My problem is that I don''t know how to (easily) expose properties of C++ class to editor so that I can change attribute of particular object. My current solution is to complex (write layout for each class). Any ideas, suggestions.

Your question is pretty vague, but if I get it right, typically if you are going with a encapsulation approach and have all property of an object as private, you will want a Get and Set method for each property that needs access.

I don''t have much classes yet(7 so far). My current implementation is similar to that in HL1 SDK : static member(array) that carries description about all class attributes. Those arrays can be concatenated together(for inheritance).

You could use a std::map<std::string, BaseDator> for each class, using the Dator code from Enginuity. If you put the map in a base class, and then had each derived class add its own properties to the map in the constructor, you'd build up the properties througout the hierarchy.

[edit: fixed html entities]

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates, and when he's not doing that, runs The Binary Refinery.
Enginuity1 | Enginuity2 | Enginuity3 | Enginuity4
ry. .ibu cy. .abu ry. dy. "sy. .ubu py. .ebu ry. py. .ibu gy." fy. .ibu ny. .ebu

[edited by - Superpig on October 10, 2003 4:36:06 PM]