Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preventing use of Mouse Scroller within Listbox

This topic is 5182 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to prevent the user from using the actual Mouse Scroller within the Listbox to scroll down or up. I was wondering if there is a way to do this? I did a little research before posting here and it seems I may have to create my own Windows Message-Handling Routines aka Message Hook to create an event that can be triggered when the mouse scroller is used. Is this correct? If so, can you tell me how I can actually go about getting it set up to accept mouse scroller event messages. Btw, I am using Microsoft''s Visual Basic 6.0 SP5 IDE in case you were wondering what programming language and IDE I am using. Any helpful input is greatly appreciated. Thanks The eyes of the void pierce my very soul with it''''s seed of destruction. In the end, time will collapse into itself.

Well, thanks for your input. It seems I have found a third party ActiveX Control that deals directly with the Intellimouse Mouse Wheel. It has full support for disabling or enabling scrolling with the mouse wheel and the essential events that I am looking for. Thanks.

The eyes of the void pierce my very soul with it''''s seed of destruction. In the end, time will collapse into itself.