Base texture and texture

Started by
0 comments, last by The C modest god 20 years, 6 months ago
In D3D, what i sthe difference between base texture and texture? In the tutorial about texture, the program loads an IDirect3DTexture9 with a function from the D3DX. Then it uses the method SetTexture which in the parameter specified base texture and not texture. The weird thing is that when I put a texture in the parameter of the set texture method, it generates a warnning and in the tutrial program which does the same, it doesnt. Can it cause problems?
It's all about the wheel.Never blindly trust technoligy.I love my internal organs.Real men don't shower.Quote:Original post by Toolmaker Quote:Original post by The C modest godHow is my improoved signature?It sucks, just like you.
Advertisement
This is an OOP issue. IDirect3DBaseTexture9 is basically a virtual class that defines the basic interface that all texture types must support. You''ll never use this class directly. IDirect3DTexture9 inherits its basic functionality from IDirect3DBaseTexture9.

You shouldn''t get any warnings as long as you''ve defined your variables and initialized them correctly. The warnings'' text message should give you an idea as to why it was generated and a maybe how you can fix it.

neneboricua

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement