• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

archangle

what do i need to develop for nintendo bsides a complete game?

This topic is 5397 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
1. You need to be signed with a licensed publisher

_OR_

1. Your key staff need to have a track record in console game development i.e. they've been in key roles (i.e. lead) on *published* games for PS2/Xbox/NGC.

2. Your company needs stability: financial, management, planning, structure, offices etc

3. The game you're intending on releasing on the console needs to have some unique elements and not be in a saturated genre.

A publisher will look for the things in the second list anyway - but some are more willing to take a risk on unproven companies with an amazing concept and amazing (playable) PC demo.

If you're a hobbyist or have a "virtual" team rather than offices and an established company, then the reality is it's very unlikely you'll get registered developer status.

More about the official process here:
http://www.warioworld.com/apply/gcn.html

[edited by - S1CA on October 11, 2003 10:35:07 AM]

Thanks guys

I should have mentioned that i have a good 5 years of programming experiance on the Amiga 1200 after having the C64

I have also the a good 8 years experiance with music,beats,sound effects abd the editing and mixing of those.
I had a real piano that i practiced with young then got into samples,tracking,electronic keyboards,and sequencing/arranging etc.

I consider myself a fast learner

what it comes down to is I silely posess all I need to create and complete an entire game.
I have numerous concepts documented and explained in writing which I only add to just about every day or so.
I''m clever,analytical,creative and i know ho to work with nothing to make something if it is possible.

i''ved worked with Cool Edit,some Pro Tools,Akai MPC,record samples,beat machines,as well as written lyrics and I have worked with friends as well.
So althought challenging, I am perfectly capable of creating,editing etc. my own music although I may hire or include an outside singer(lol)
I''ve done character voices before
I''ve done sound effects from scratch you could play in a movie!
I''ve worked on storyboarding type stuff
I have many books to guide me.
I am always exposing myself to what''s going on to keep up to date
with my concepts.

My question is if i was "ready" with something how do I get it viewed etc. to possibly get a licence.
There are numerous licenced "companies" that produce tight little games that boggle the mind but are primitive graphics wise. I would think I would try a small company first.

The Prince of Persia was originally an Amiga game wasn''t it? Now look where it is!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!