Prize Suggestions for contest

Started by
7 comments, last by liquidAir 20 years, 5 months ago
I think there should be 1st prize, 2nd prize and 3rd prize for obviously, 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions. 1st prize: Hardware not more than $150 2nd prize: Software not more than $100 3rd prize: Book not more than $75 Any opinions? I good you bid evening. InitGames Software
Advertisement
I haven''t decided if we''ll definitely have prizes for the contest. I think it depends on how many people enter and whether or not people have alot of problems with this "beta" version of the contest. So far, though, I haven''t heard of any major issues, so maybe it''s not such a "beta" after all?

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, and I''ll keep it in mind. I just can''t promise anything yet.

Kevin "Khawk" Hawkins
CEO and News Director, GameDev.net
Software Engineer, Raydon Corporation
Author, OpenGL Game Programming
Contributing author, Game Development: Tricks of the Trade, "Using the UML in Game Development"
Developer Diary

Admin for GameDev.net.

Honor...Glory...Prestige... sounds good to me!

As it stands...it looks like such a cool popular thing that people will enjoy it just to watch their bots kick the crap out of someone else''s. (or vice verse in my case)!

-------

Radeon 9800XT.
1 year free lunch! It does exist!

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong
- sitting in his chair doing the most time-consuming thing..
I think instead of having hardware/software/books for 1,2,3 places you should let them pick what (s)he wants, of value of $$$, so if he wants 3 books order him 3 books, if he wants a game + a book and a mouse order it if its in the limits.

first place can have a value of 150
second place 75-100
third place 30-60

This way all three are happy with what they earned.
That money can be used to pitch in for an item that costs like 300, you give them 150 and they put in the rest. Or just send them a check.

This way no one goes away somewhat unhappy but really happy, at the very least they can get a book or get help getting VS.NET.
Interested in being apart of a team of people that are developing a toolkit that can help anyone product an online game? Then click here http://tangle.thomson.id.au/
How about letting us see the source to the arena? That I think would be sufficient.
quote:Original post by Nosfera2
How about letting us see the source to the arena? That I think would be sufficient.

Just write a GDArena simulator...like I did .

It''s hardly finished, though.
quote:Original post by Dcower
quote:Original post by Nosfera2

Just write a GDArena simulator...like I did .

It''s hardly finished, though.

would do it, with enought time , oh and my bot is limited to arena boundary''s (you cant use it with increased mapsize...)

for the betacontest we need at least a price like a forum tag behind your nick or something (''Master of GDArena'' with working link to the contestpage etc)... but when khawk want to spend some money then i can say that i dont won the book giveaway contest (hint! )

T2k
I was thinking along the lines of a forum tag for the beta contest.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement