Just another MMORGP (Damage system)

Started by
1 comment, last by Dorgbar 20 years, 6 months ago
Most RPGS have some form of Hit points, and when you are out of those you die… I have this idea using moral instead. Any weapon have some form of damage rate 1D20+5 or something. And when you hit someone You reduce the Moral by the damage rate. And when you have no more moral back you don’t have enough willpower to keep fighting. Damage rate have a penalty. And there is a table for that, eg. 1-5 damage rate in the arm, give you a penalty of -3 to aim 6-12 damage rate in the arm, give you a penalty of -5 to aim and – 1 to strength 13-20 damage rate in the arm, give you a penalty of -8 to aim and – 3 to strength 21-28 damage rate in the arm, give you a penalty of -13 to aim/– 3 to strength/and start af bleeding process 28-38 damage rate in the arm, give you a penalty of Make the arm amusable 38-50 damage rate in the arm, give you a penalty of Cut of the arm and so on Any weapon have a weapon category. Blades, Axes, Bows, Throw-able, Pole-arms, Chains, Firearms, Blond, Claws&bite, Unarmed. And all of those have their own table of what damage rate does. If we take the eg. Agein a bow wont be able to cut of the arm, and a mace will not cut it off but smash it, and an axe will cut it off in an earlier damage rate [edited by - dorgbar on October 11, 2003 6:28:08 AM]
Who Knows??? Who Cares???
Advertisement
Whew, there''s nothing worse than an amusable arm. ;-)
umm. This doesn''t make a whole lot of sense unless I''m missing something. But from what your saying you want weapon to decrease moral and not health. But at the same time cause body parts to become unuseable.

So if I lose 50 moral from hits to my right arm I lose my right arm? Why, is it so depressed it falls off? And just because I''m no longer willing to fight doesn''t meant my opponet is going to stop hacking off limbs.

-----------------------------------------------------
Writer, Programer, Cook, I''m a Jack of all Trades
Current Design project
Chaos Factor Design Document

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement