Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

conman

Library with resources

I tried to build a library in Visual C++ which contains a method to display a dialog (the dialog is defined in the resource file of the project). Compiler and Librarian build the lib-file but if I use the method to display the dialog in another project the dialog is not displayed although it's compiled and linked. But I get an linker warning when I build the library: GLAP.res : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible I guess thats why the dialog doesn't show up, but how do I erase the problem or what does it mean? The Help of Visual C++ doesn't really help The same code not in a lib but included in the destination project works fine. Any ideas what went wrong? Thanks! constantin [edited by - conman on October 11, 2003 12:59:39 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
I don''t know whether you can use resources in a library or not. If you can''t use them, you might have to use CreateDialogIndirect() or DialogBoxIndirect(), for which you create templates in memory rather than as resources.

The PSDK does have an example of how to create a dialog box template in memory, but it looks pretty scary to me. I''d stay far away from these functions if I have a choice. Hopefully, somebody else knows a better way of doing what you want to do.